News Releases

November 26, 2018: Life Sentence for Man Who Sexually Assaulted Three Women

Contact: 
Ricardo Santiago, Public Information Officer
(213) 257-2000

A 25-year-old man was sentenced today to 35 years to life in state prison for sexually assaulting three homeless women in Pomona last year, the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office announced.

On Sept. 12, a jury found Charlie Nathan Paxton of Chino Hills guilty of two counts of forcible rape and one count each of assault with intent to commit rape, assault by means of force likely to produce great bodily injury, second-degree robbery and kidnapping to commit rape with allegations of kidnapping and aggravated kidnapping during a sexual assault.

Deputy District Attorney Brendan Gibson said Paxton also was ordered to register as a sex offender for the rest of his life.

According to evidence presented at the trial, Paxton targeted transient women in Pomona. The attacks occurred between September and November 2017, the prosecutor said.

The defendant was captured after the victim of a robbery and attempted sexual assault on Nov. 9, 2017, helped police identify him, the prosecutor added.

The case was investigated by the Pomona Police Department.