News Releases

September 22, 2020: Fourth Defendant Sentenced in Infant Shooting Death Case

Ricardo Santiago, Public Information Officer
(213) 257-2000

A man who was one of four defendants charged in connection with a fatal gang shooting which killed a 1-year-old girl in Compton more than four years ago pleaded no contest today, the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office announced.

Denzell Davon Hull (dob 11/27/91) of Hawthorne entered the plea to one count of attempted murder and admitted an allegation of using a firearm as a deadly weapon in case TA143639.

Deputy District Attorney Stephen Lonseth of the Hardcore Gang Division said Hull was immediately sentenced to 19 years in state prison.

On July 20, Davion Ramal Douglas (dob 9/30/90) of Compton pleaded no contest to one count of assault with a semi-automatic firearm and admitted the crime was committed in association with a criminal street gang. He was sentenced to 16 years in state prison as a result.

Ronzay Deshon Richards (dob 4/10/92) of Compton pleaded no contest to one count of accessory after the fact -- murder and admitted the gang allegation. He was immediately sentenced to five years in state prison.

Douglas, Hull and Richards were all ordered to make restitution regarding the infant’s death.

Ray Howard Patterson Jr. (dob 11/23/92) of Compton pleaded no contest on March 10 to one count of contempt of court and admitted a gang allegation in case TA149415. On June 16, he was sentenced to two years in prison.

On the evening of Feb. 9, 2016, Douglas, Hull and Richards drove to enemy gang territory where one of them walked to a home in the 300 block of North Holly Avenue in Compton and shot at the house, the prosecutor said.

Victim Autumn Johnson, 1, was struck by the gunfire and later died from her injuries.

Patterson was made aware of the shooting some time after the incident, the prosecutor added.

Less than two months later, Hull shot at a man who was sitting in his vehicle in Lynwood, the prosecutor said.

The case was investigated by the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department.