News Releases

February 23, 2016: Carson Man Charged with Killing Son

Contact: 
Sarah Ardalani, Public Information Officer
(213) 257-2000

A 53-year-old man was charged today with fatally shooting his son last week in their Carson home, the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office announced.

Anderson Edward Lyiscott (dob 11/11/62) has been charged with one count of murder in case TA139379. The felony complaint includes a special allegation that the defendant personally and intentionally discharged a handgun, which caused great bodily injury and death.

The defendant is scheduled to be arraigned this afternoon in Department 12 of the Los Angeles County Superior Court, Compton Branch. Prosecutors will ask bail be set at $3 million.

Deputy District Attorney R. J. Dreiling, who is assigned to the case, said on Feb. 20 the defendant and his son, Giovanni Lyiscott, 18, got into an argument in their Carson home.

Following the disagreement, Giovanni Lyiscott locked himself in his room, the prosecutor said. Anderson Lyiscott then reportedly armed himself with a gun, shot at the door handle to his son’s room, entered the room and the two engaged in a struggle, the prosecutor added.

During the fight, the defendant’s gun allegedly discharged and Giovanni Lyiscott was shot in the chest, the prosecutor said.

Authorities were called and the victim was taken to the hospital for medical treatment, but ultimately succumbed to his injuries, according to the prosecutor.

Anderson Lyiscott was subsequently arrested in connection with the killing.

If convicted as charged, the defendant faces a maximum possible sentence of 50 years to life in state prison.

The case is being investigated by the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department.